Eyebrows were having a moment at this years A/W shows, as some of the biggest names in fashion decided when it comes to the ‘coat-hangers of the face’, more is definitely more. Brows were painted, dyed and even bejeweled as designers competed for the boldest, most daring looks. So, as we all prepare to embrace the coming season’s biggest trends, we thought we’d help you decide just how daring you want to be by ranking A/W’s biggest, boldest and even brightest brows.
5. At number 5, Burberry stuck to their signature nude lips and smoky brown eyes, framing the look with a pair of thick, strong brows. The least shocking of our selection, Burberry’s look was striking but natural and a look we can all emulate. If you’re fair like Cara Delavigne enhance brows with a dark eye-brow pencil or powder and team with smoky eyes for a sultry autumn look.
4. In contrast, Gucci opted for the ‘barely there’ approach, bleaching their brows and leaving statement lips to do the talking. This ghostly look requires a lot of commitment and a bit of bleach (do not try this at home) for natural brunettes, but fair complexions with naturally light brows can achieve a similarly striking effect by dusting brows with a light powder…if you so wish.
3. Originally a strong contender for the number one position, Chanel’s bejeweled brows are certainly a little ‘out there’ but after close examination we have decided that these embellished beauties are so pretty we’d actually secretly love to try them… if only we knew where to start.
2. Never afraid to take things one step further, Miu Miu raised the stakes – and the brows – with their quirky take on the trend. With reflective gems fixed above models’ brows and along the arch there was no missing these show-off brows, but just in case Miu Miu drew even more attention to them with lashings of bold colour on and around the eye-lids.
1. Perhaps not quite as eye-catching as other entries, we’ve put Prada’s fierce orange brows at number one simply for their fear-factor. This fiery brow and jet black eyelid combo is bold, bright and ever so slightly menacing. We’re far too scared to try out this bird of prey look, but any braver souls out there willing to give it a try please let us know how you get on!