- “Create a wish-list in the run up to Christmas, make a note of items that you’d LOVE to buy if only they were that little bit cheaper. Make a note of the store you have seen the item in so you can hit it first. Try the item on beforehand so you know exactly the right size you need (and note it down) this means you don’t have to stand for ages in the fitting room queues come Sale time. Hopefully you will strike gold and find that the item is on sale with a huge reduction!
- Set yourself a budget that you can afford. Sale shopping can be impulsive when you’re caught up in the moment so it’s pointless trying to save money if it leads you into debt.
- When Sale shopping, stick to items on your list. This should limit naughty, impulsive buying and remember to buy with your head, not your heart.
- Avoid looking at the reduction. This is a technique used to lure you into parting with your cash. Instead buy based on price alone!
- We buy clothes because we love them but before making your purchase really think about the reasons why you are buying it … is it just because it’s cheap? To help you make this decision think about what else your item will go with in your existing wardrobe and then work out how much potential wear you will get out of it.
- Some items may be marked down because it’s faulty, so always give your item a full check before you buy, as some sale policies won’t allow you to return an item!
- Take advantage of the services of a sales assistant. If you can’t see the item you are after, they might be able to locate stock in another store or in the back room. Be prepared to wait for their services as they’re bound to be busy!
- If the thought of making a trip into town is too much for you then there is nothing better than sitting at your computer and making the purchase online. You will have to pay postage and packing but it is a great feeling knowing that you are not getting caught up in the crowds. The discounts that you get off your items will contribute to the postage and packing costs, so all in all a great option!
- Always make sure at the time of purchase to check what the stores return policy is, they all differ and sometimes for Sale items the policies are different to the normal ones. This will also save you time because you could potentially get away with buying an item without trying it on, rather than queuing at a busy changing room, and then return it at a later date if it’s not suitable. Also, some stores won’t give full refunds on Sale goods so be aware of that.”
iStylista is a fab fashion website with a difference, not only does it bring you product from leading online retailers- it offers a personal styling service to go with it. Once you’ve completed your profile, stylists will handpick items to suit your individual specifications…the personal touch of a store online!